Texas Best Lobbyist News: Vote Texas List ID Rules and Information
In 2011 Texas passed a voter ID law that now requires a photo ID to be presented when voting. The following are acceptable pieces of voter identification:
- Texas driver license issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
- Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
- Texas personal identification card issued by DPS
- Texas concealed handgun license issued by DPS
- United States military identification card containing the person’s photograph
- United States citizenship certificate containing the person’s photograph
- United States passport
When a voter arrives at a polling place, he or she will be asked to present one of the accepted forms of ID. Important: If the voter does not have one of these, he or she will be allowed to cast a vote provided they sign an affidavit stating that they are, in fact, the person they say they are.
Read original article here.